It takes a village... (to raise a coffee shop)
"We started with a simple idea, better coffee comes from better relationships." That's been our mission statement since we started our little roasting business. Last week, we reached a major milestone in realizing our simple idea. Our first week open in our new roastery and coffee bar has been amazing (our new address: 8182 W. Grand Parkway S., Suite 200, Richmond, TX 77406). I am so thankful for all of you who have come out to see the space and to try out our new menu. I love roasting coffee and then walking over to our retail shelf to place a bag, only to have someone buy it later that day. You can't get any fresher than that. I love when the place is full of people and you can hear the buzz of 4 or 5 different conversations happening, talking, laughing, connecting; I can't keep from smiling. We have some fine tuning to do, but largely the coffee bar has worked the way we hoped. It is an inviting place for all where we get to share our love for coffee.
If you haven't been out to see our new space, come on down. We'd love to see you. Say hi to me (Bryan the roastmaster or my wife Abby), we'll probably be in the roastery. Meet our awesome staff. Sergio, a veteran barista who is making sure our freshly roasted coffees are presented to the highest standards of quality. He is working towards opening his own shop some day, and we are honored to have his help. Lindsey, who was my original hire for our booth at the Sugar Land farmers market years ago. Her smile and cheerful demeanor are infectious. It is great to have her back working for us. Ada who already has a full time job, but loves coffee so much she gives up her Saturdays to work at our coffee bar. We have a great team!
Many of you have known us for a long time. You got to watch us grow from a small operation roasting out of our garage to a full-scale wholesale roaster. We now have a beautiful new coffee bar, but to make it a success, we need to get the word out. We can't do this alone. That is where you come in. If you love our coffee, here are some ways you can help:
1. Tell your friends: Word-of-mouth is still the best way we can get the word out.
2. Post in your neighborhood social media group (Facebook, Next Door, etc.): If you live close to our shop, tell your neighbors about the shop. We are all looking for good places to go in our community.
3. Write a review: If you have been in to our shop, write a review and tell others what you thought. Good places for reviews include Google, Yelp, and Facebook. We need to have a good amount of reviews to help us appear more legit against shops that have been open a lot longer than us.
4. Post pictures/videos of the shop from your visit to your social media and tag us in them.
5. Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/FortBendCoffeeRoasters) and Instagram (@ftbendcoffee).
You guys are awesome, thanks for all your support!